Friday, August 12, 2011

Il Covo - August 10, 2011

H: Madison is not with me tonight. I'm having dinner with my great friend, Gregg.

Why isn,t il Covo (on 3rd St. across from Cedars)getting more press??? Sean Macpherson has obviously poured a pot of gold into this former famous Orso restaurant. It's over-the-top visually stimulating almost to the point of overwhelming. We,re seated in the dining room next to a beautiful burning fireplace. It's a chilly August night so it's quite cozy. The new patio is just as gorgeous and they've raised the walls so the paparazzi can't climb over to sneak pictures of us celebrities and restaurant bloggers.

David, the Server, is polished and effective - very confident with his food recommendations.

The watermelon salad special and the burratto was great. The branzino was brought to the table deboned.....with head and tail included. It was gorgeous and not a single bone was found. The ear-shaped pasta ( I don't the the Italian name and I'm not in the mood to google it) with black truffle cream sauce was very rich but the perfect portion. I feel light and petite as a feather.

Overall - Gregg and I love it here. I can't wait to bring Madison to see if he agrees. He's a much tougher critic.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it sounds glorious! I am intrigued by your description of the decor being "almost to the point of overwhelming" because that's just the way I like everything to be. What's the point of subtle nuances that no one will notice? I prefer a dramatic flair. The pasta sounds purely decadent, I took the liberty of googling it, and I believe the pasta in question is called "Orecchiette" which actually translates to ear. Bravo! I've learned something new and discovered a new restaurant. H+M Eats totally rules.

    ReplyDelete