Wednesday, December 7, 2011

INK - 8360 Melrose, 12/07/11

H: we're back! We had a lengthy hiatus. We're seated at that bar with our "sister", Michele Abbott, at the new, groovy INK restaurant.

Michele: my cocktail is noteworthy - fresh sprig of basil blossom.

H: is that why your drink looks like the contents of a lawn mower bag?

Michele: tequila, green syrup, Serrano chiles,

M: it's a breakfast cocktail. Hmmmmm. If I was having my car serviced, the decor would be fine here.

Michele: the music is Jimmy Hendricks hits the blues.

H: the kale salad with burrata, Asian pear and pumpkin seed is so beyond good!!

M: so far, Devin, the bartender, is the highlight. He,s a professional mixologist and has created an amazing menu of specialty cocktails.

H: the bigeye tuna with parsnip-sesame cream and smoked croutons is a must!! A little salty.

M: the squid spaghetti tastes like a seafood paella. Very fishy. Skip it!

Michele: The sea bass was light....missing a little chutzpah....like Madison said, "in other words, it was bland!"

H: I liked the sea bass.....the shishito peppers, kelp pasta and saffron did it for me!

Michele: I think everything needs more salt.

H: Hahahaha ah

M: the beef short ribs and turnips with tamarind BBQ was just the right amount of fat!

H: keep in mind that all the dishes are very small. The three of us have shared everything tonight....five dishes.

M: INK is good. I'm not overwhelmed....the food is ok. The bar is great. I give it 6 months!

Michele: I love Devin and his bar skills.

H: I like it but I wouldn't rush back. It's worth trying!

1 comment:

  1. I am picturing Devin the bartender standing two feet from you, looking defeated.
    Welcome back. We've missed you.

    ReplyDelete