Monday, June 20, 2011

House - June 20, 2011

H:  This neighborhood favorite always delivers.   Although I'm sad to hear that they are discontinuing the roasted chicken (for two).  What are they thinking??   We made recommendations to our first-timer friends, Len and Dean.  Len accepted our Rigatoni Truffle meat sauce recommendation and he loved it.   Dean wasn't thrilled with the bernaise sauce on his steak frites entre'.   I should've asked for a taste.  We asked for no salt on the sauteed spinach and I think the kitchen missed it.  I mean....it wasn't like a cow's salt block but it definitely was salted.

The service was friendly, welcoming and attentive.

M:  House is a perfect week night neighborhood spot.  Laid back decor, paper napkins (huge bummer)....but they offer Racer 5 IPA on tap.   So, I can overlook the shortcomings.  Although its price point is rated at two dollar signs ($$), I think its over priced.  But I'll go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment